Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden happens to be one of my favorite royals and one of my fashion inspirations.  I would love to raid her closet. I'll be the first to admit that if there was one wedding dress I'd love to see a knock off of it would be hers.  After I made Prince William and Duchess Catherine, I made my second favorite royal couple: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.  I used the pattern for Catherine for Victoria and I think I used Prince Harry or Prince Charles for Prince Daniel from the Knit Your Own Royal Wedding book.  (My favorite royal couple will be revealed in the future.)

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden married Daniel Westling on June 10, 2010 in Stockholm, Sweden.  This version of her dress comes in three pieces and I created the pattern myself and am sorry I didn't write it down.  The front and back were knitted separately and sewed together.  The train is also hand knitted and pretty fun to figure out how to make.  The shoes are hand knitted...before the days I discovered the joy of making them machine knitted.  Her veil is made from embroidery floss which is very slipper to knit with!

I created her tiara out of beads.  The tiara is owned by her aunt Princess Margareta and is called the Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshinik. Since it was the only Swedish Tiara I had done I decided to put it on Victoria.  For more information on the real aquamarine tiara click here.

To learn more about the dress check out the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor's page here.

Yarns: Caron Simple Soft White and White Embroidery Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment