Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Princess Beatrix's Wedding Dress

Today's wedding dress is stuck on Queen Maxima, Princess of the Netherlands, but it belongs to Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands. 

I was inspired by the Dutch Inauguration to create William-Alexander and Maxima Dolls.  What I didn't know was that Fiona Goble created a Knit Your Own Dutch Royal Family in Dutch, it's called
De Oranjes, een uitgeBREIde geschiedenis.  I wish I could find a copy of it even though I can't read Dutch, but I'm up for the challenge!

The dress is machine knitted in two pieces.  It was fun experimenting with this dress.  The gloves are machine knitted too.  The veil is hand knitted.

You can see how my version matches with the real version here.

Yarns Used: Caron Simply Soft White and white embroidery floss

No comments:

Post a Comment